All Kinesiology major, minor, and prospective students are encouraged to meet with an Academic Advisor.
Academic Advisor, School of Kinesiology, College of Education and Human Development
220D Katherine G. Johnson Hall, SciTech, MSN: 4E5
Phone: (703) 993-7002
Scheduling an Appointment: Instructions
Current students: Please follow the temporary directions below for ALL advising appointments.
- Sign into Navigate Mason with your Mason credentials. (If you are a prospective student click here for your instructions.)
- Select "Get Assistance" (blue button).
- Select "Academic Advising" > "College of Education and Human Development" > Choose "Kinesiology" (pull-down menus) for appointment type.
- Select "SciTech Campus/PW: School of Kinesiology SciTech Campus Advising" from the office pulldown menu
- Select "Tiffany Sandstrum" or "Debra Stroiney" under Choose your Advisor/Staff Member.
- Identify an open meeting time and click NEXT to confirm appointment
- Select "Kinesiology".
Students may schedule appointments up to two weeks in advance. If no appointments are available, please continue to check as new times will open up.
- If you are 10 minutes late, your appointment may be canceled. Please make sure you are aware of the date and time when scheduling an appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so through NavigateMason (SSC) as soon as possible (24 hours minimum notice appreciated), so we may offer that time to another student.
All appointments will follow the University procedures for delays/cancellations.
The 2021-22 Kinesiology Advising Sheet is a helpful tool for monitoring progress throughout the academic program. Mason Core requirements, details of coursework, and coursework sequencing necessary for completion of the KINE program are included. However, advising sheets are designed as supplemental guides and do not supersede the official degree requirements detailed in the corresponding year's George Mason University Catalog. The Academic Advising Sheet for each catalog year is available in Documents and Forms. Also available: Additional Advising Sheets for all CEHD programs in CEHD Documents and Forms
Monitor your academic progress on Patriot Web. You can see your weekly schedule in calendar form; view your academic transcript, and monitor a degree evaluation that shows you what courses you still need to satisfy general education and program requirements.
For Degree Evaluations:
-If your first semester at Mason was PRIOR to Fall 2012, follow these instructions: CAPP
-If your first semester at Mason was Fall 2012 or later, follow these instructions: DegreeWorks
You can also benefit from the professional experience of faculty members. Each faculty member welcomes the opportunity to talk with students about their career interests, and the application of learning gathered during coursework, internship, and out-of-class experiences. The diverse background and current applications of KINE faculty can help you to learn about numerous real-world settings, and about potential volunteer and career opportunities in the region and throughout the nation.